Follow Us on Google News
Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), the Mumbai-based IT services giant, is all set to release its financial earnings for the quarter ending March 31, 2023 (Q4FY23) on April 12. Apart from the Q4 results, investors will be keenly eyeing the final dividend of TCS for fiscal year FY23, which the company is expected to recommend on Wednesday. Along with the final dividend, TCS is also expected to announce a record date for the same.
TCS is known for paying high dividends to its shareholders, and so far in FY23, the company has paid a total interim dividend of ₹8 per share and a special dividend of ₹67 per share. These dividends were paid in January 2023 and were the third interim dividends, including special dividends. The first interim dividend of ₹8 per equity share was announced in July 2022, while the second interim dividend of ₹8 per share was announced in October 2022.
As of now, in FY23, TCS has paid a total equity dividend of 9,100%, aggregating to ₹91 per share. This figure will rise for the said fiscal post the fourth interim dividend payment. In FY22, TCS paid a total dividend of 4300%, aggregating to ₹43 per equity share, and the company’s shareholders’ payout stood at ₹38,010 crore, up by 12.2% YoY, including dividends (including unpaid dividends), buyback, and taxes.
The record date for a dividend is the day proposed by the company’s board to identify the names of eligible shareholders for dividend benefits, while the ex-dividend date is the day when the price of the equity shares of a company gets adjusted for the dividend payout.
On the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), TCS share price closed at ₹3,214.25 apiece, down by 1.50%, and the company’s market cap is over ₹11.76 lakh crore.
In conclusion, the TCS Q4 results and final dividend recommendation for FY23 will be closely watched by investors, who are keenly looking for strong financial performance and dividend payouts from the company.
- TCS is set to announce its Q4FY23 results and recommend a final dividend for FY23 on April 12.
- TCS has paid a total interim dividend of ₹8 per share and a special dividend of ₹67 per share in FY23, including three interim dividends.
- The record date for the dividend is the day proposed by the company’s board to identify eligible shareholders, while the ex-dividend date is the day when the share price gets adjusted for the dividend payout.
- TCS is known for paying high dividends to its shareholders, and in FY22, the company paid a total dividend of 4300%, aggregating to ₹43 per equity share.
- TCS shareholders’ payout stood at ₹38,010 crore in FY22, up by 12.2% YoY.